12 Jul Home Learning: Reception w/c 13th July 2020
Hello Reception Superstars!
It was so lovely to speak to so many of you on zoom last week!
This week everyone will be learning from home again. We hope you enjoy all the fun learning we have for you.
This week we are going to revise the sounds we know and practice segmenting and blending. Can you use your “fred talk” to read some words?
Can you match the word to the image?
How many words can you read?
Practice your letter formation with this game
Check out the daily set 2 phonics video on the RWI youtube channel
Learn some tricky words here
Practise reading and writing the green words below:
stand, pocket, ticket, kitten, carrot, lemon, stamp, button, packet (Set 1 sounds)
sway, three, tight, blow, pool, cook, harp, short fair, shout, third, enjoy (Set 2 sounds)
When practising reading, write out the above words for your child and ask them to read the words to you. Remind them of the following: Special friends – ‘Fred talk’ – read the word.
When practising writing, ask the children to hold up their ‘Fred Fingers’ and pinch the sounds they can hear.
Links to phonics games:
- Listen to the story, If I had a dinosaur. What type of pet would you have if you could have anything? What would it eat? Where would it sleep? Can you draw a picture of it?
- Do some baking with someone at home.
- Make a bird kite. Take it outside to test it.
- Make your own pirates map of your house. Where would you hide your treasure? Remember x marks the spot.
Have a try at this weeks writing challenges.
- Now that you know who your new teacher is – Ms Buki or Ms Begum, write them a letter to tell them a bit about yourself. You can send these to Dani and Rachel and they will pass them on.
- Write some instructions for your pirate treasure map.
- Can you write down the recipe that you used when you did some baking
- Write some instructions for how to make your bird kite.
This week we will be revisiting measurement and doubling and halving.
You can also continue to practice your number formation
Practice your measurement.
- Can you draw around your shoe and cut it out. How many of your footsteps long is your bed, your kitchen, a book, your favourite toy.
- Compare which is the longest?
- Which is heavier?
- Watch this video all about number doubles
- Make some number cards from 1 –10. Choose a card and double it.
Eg 3+3 = Use some counters or coins to find the answer
- Can you solve all the number doubles?
|2 + 2 =||5 + 5 =||10 + 10 =||4 + 4 =||1 + 1 =|
|9 + 9 =||8 + 8 =||3 + 3 =||7 + 7 =||6 + 6 =|
- Have a try at this doubles game
- Explore the different activities on Go Noodle this week
- Try PE with Joe