06 Jul Home Learning: Year 3 w/c 13th July
Good Morning Year 3!
We hope you had lovely weekends and you are ready to do some exciting, challenging and interesting work this week!
Remember, we have slightly changed how we are using the website….
Every Monday Miss Smith and Miss Alcock will put work on the website for the whole week. This will include English, Maths and Spellings along with Science and PE activities to complete.
Just below is an overview with all links needed for the week included.
If you have any issues or questions please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or on Class Dojo. We will be adding daily read alouds and spellings so do check in with Class DOJO!
We are looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your work this week.
All the best – Miss Smith and Miss Alcock!
It is your final week in Year 3 so your English activities this week will help you to reflect on your year.
- Write a letter to your Year 3 teacher. Tell them about your favourite memories this year. What did you enjoy? What did you learn? What are you looking forward to next year?
- Write a letter to your Year 4 teacher. Introduce yourself. Tell them a bit about you. What do you enjoy? What are your favourite lessons? Is there anything you are worried about?
- Create a comic strip of a Year 3 memory: Draw pictures and captions to show a favourite memory in Year 3. It could be a trip, something that happened outside or a lesson you enjoyed. Challenge: Include dialogue!
- Write your dreams for the year. We have all read/watched the BFG this year. Draw your own dream jar and write your dreams inside. Then decorate it however you like!
- Write a poem about your time in Year 3! You could write an a-z of the year to help you or you you can think of similes, alliteration and repetition that you could use. Perform your poem to someone at home.
See worksheet below – Practise your spellings by using the strategies on the website.
Test yourself on Friday by logging into class dojo and listening to the spellings being read aloud!
In maths this week you are going to be learning about decimals. Follow the link below and work from the ‘Summer Term – Week 6 (W/C 1st June). Watch the videos and then have a go at the worksheet (all video links for the whole week are in the top attachment and then all worksheets are below). Answers are at the bottom of the page.
- Lesson 1: Equivalent Fractions (i)
- Lesson 2: Equivalent Fractions (ii)
- Lesson 3: Equivalent Fractions (iii)
- Lesson 4: Compare Fractions
- Friday: Maths challenge!
Remember to keep practising your times tables on Times Tables Rockstars
Don’t forget to do your Joe Wicks PE every day https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
Learn to sign a song! (link below)
Keep reading every day! Watch our daily read alouds of Harry Potter on ClassDojo.