12 Jul Home Learning: Year 4 w/c 13 July
Good morning year 4’s,
It is the last week of the school year and I want to say well done everyone! I hope you can enjoy the last week’s activities that are based on your experiences this year. Enjoy!
- Imagine that it’s ten years later. Write a letter to yourself, telling all about the year 2020. What advice would you give yourself?
- Write thank you notes to the people in our school. You can thank your teacher, your classmates, school office or anyone else who has helped you this year.
- Write to the children who will be in year 4 next year. Tell them all about what to expect in year 4.
- Make top 10 lists. Top ten books you have read, top 10 places you’ve been to, Top 10 places you want to visit and so on. Be as creative as you want with your Top 10 lists!
- Consider skits, dramatic readings, acting out a story, a talent show, a poetry slam (reading your own or reciting poems of your choice), storytelling or reading favourite pieces from the year.
This week you are learning about graphs and how to read them.
- Watch the video.
- Answer the questions.
- Check your answers.
Choose any or all of the topic activities to complete this week.
- Complete your life journey map (this includes your future also)
- School memory write up – write all about your year at school (draw if you prefer)
- What you want for your future – this looks further down in your future life.
- Draw a jar and include everything that to loved doing this year. If you have a jar at home, add items into it and create a time capsule.
Read about being safe in the sun and answer the questions after.
As an extra activity, I have uploaded a reading game (inspired by monopoly). You can play it with anyone at home!
Draw or make a collage of every person in your class. Think about all of you sitting in the classroom, or maybe you are outside or even on the beach. Try and remember every person in your class, draw them or make a collage and don’t forget to share it with me!