12 Jul Home Learning: Year 6 w/c 13 July
Good morning Year 6! We have 3 days left of school so this week, I have created a list of activities for you to choose from and work through as you please.
A reminder that the Virtual Leaver’s Assembly will take place on Monday morning at 10.30am. The link and password are below:
link – https://zoom.us/j/93644375217?pwd=OEJFcWhkSk5UYndzNlJyU0k5K1NjZz09
meeting ID – 936 4437 5217
password – 694187
- Create a vision board/ poster which includes your hopes for secondary school. Include the things which you hope to gain from your secondary school experience; these can be as little or big as you like. For example; making new friends, learning a new language, gaining independence by travelling to school alone, improving on a sport or skill, joining a club etc. Make it colourful and include a positive quote- you can put this up in your room as a reminder and to keep you motivated throughout the summer.
- Take some time to answer and reflect on the following questions:
- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?
- What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?
- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?
- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?
- Where is your favourite place in our classroom (or school)? Why?
- If you could change one thing that happened this year, what would it be?
- What are three things you did this year to help your classmates?
- What are the three most important things you learned this year?
- What is something that was hard for you at the start of the year but is easy now?
- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements?
- What is your favourite part of the day in our class? Why?
- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?
- Of the books you read this year, which was your favourite? Why?
- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?
- What person at our school has made the biggest impact in your life this year? Why?
- What is something the teacher could have done to make this year better?
- What are six adjectives that best describe this school year?
- Knowing what you know now, if you could write a letter to yourself that would travel back in time so that you would receive it at the start of the school year, what advice would you give your younger self?
- When you consider the rest of your life, what percentage of what you learned this year do you think will be useful to you?
- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?
- Choose one of the following websites to access and read free books online:
- Create a piece of art inspired by Julian Opie
- Choose an activity/activities from the options in the document below