Here, you will find information about some of the science learning taking place at Harrington Hill as well as useful links with fun and easy activities you can carry out at home!
Ms Ergen – Science Leader
At Harrington Hill Primary School, we believe science should:
- Be fun and memorable
- Relate to real life
- Be child-led, nurturing children’s innate curiosity
- Encourage children to ask scientific questions, discuss and test their ideas
- Develop enquiry skills through practical investigations which are often outdoors
- Provide opportunities to use a range of high quality scientific equipment
- Provide challenge at all levels
At Harrington Hill, our vision is to provide a science curriculum which inspires and encourages all children to be inquisitive about the world around them, so that they have a deeper understanding of the world we live in. We believe this is best achieved through exciting, practical experiences that encourage curiosity and questioning. We aim to provide children with opportunities to develop a range of skills that are useful across their learning, helping to prepare them for life beyond the classroom.
Science Fun At Home
The best science activities are often hands-on (and sometimes messy) and produce exciting (and sometimes unexpected) results. If you love science and want to have a go at some fun and easy experiments at home, click this link, choose an experiment and have a go!